Things That Float – in the News
- Los Angeles Times | Culture Monster
- GOOD.IS | Space Exploration as Fine Art
- Free Republic | Celestial Marbles and Floating Sombreros
- Democratic Underground | Planets and Galaxies, with a score by Debussy
- The Dotted Line | Things That Float
- Poketo Blog | NASA’s Artistic Take on Space
- The Art Blog | Slow Slide Show for a Slippery Snowy Day
- SGV Tribune | See ‘Things that Float’ without leaving home
If you haven’t seen Stephen’s Showcase yet, watch his video, Things That Float, on archive.org. To get a better look at the images used in his video, or to download them, visit Stephen’s Guest Showcase page on nasaimages.org. You can also view our original post about the Guest Showcase project here. Stay tuned for the next Guest Showcase!
Stephen Nowlin is an artist/curator whose day-job is Vice President, Director of the Alyce de Roulet Williamson Gallery at Art Center College of Design located in Pasadena, California. He has initiated multiple curatorial projects with an emphasis on the nexus of art and science. Recent projects include “TOOLS,” an exhibition of the art, science, natural and cultural history of human tools; “OBSERVE,” a collaboration with the NASA Spitzer Science Center at Caltech/JPL (observeexhibit.org); “Reverence: Poetics and Polemics of Sustainability,” engaging the emotions and issues surrounding sustainable enterprise; and “NEURO,” an art and science collaboration between the Williamson Gallery and the Center for Neuromorphic Systems Engineering, Caltech (artandscience.us).